Monday, February 23, 2009

The Second Great Flood...

Believe it or not it happened again. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. on Sunday morning to sounds which reminded me of Niagra Falls. I had to swim around the basement to find out exactly what the problem was...I found out that our water heater had busted and water was gushing out of it - all over my basement. I swam into the guest room, then into the bathroom, then to the rec room, and finally to the storage room...it was an incredible mess.

The first thing I did was I opened up the basement door to let some of the water out...then I went to Home Depot to buy a wetvac...it was like trying to empty out the Atlantic Ocean with a spoon. Later on we had some guy come over to clean up the rest of the water. Today it looks much better in my basement...the carpeting soaked up all the water...

Here's a video of the 8 fans and the one humidifier I have in the basement now. I have a plumber coming over at 2:00 to put in a new hot water heater...by 4:00 p.m. we should be back to normal...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it, I believe it! I'll fight you for the first batch of hot water that comes out!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ken, I'm glad you can now see the humor in it. We had to laugh when Jim read your blog to me last night. If we'd have been there I'm sure we would not be laughing.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Well, it didn't look like Niagara Falls but it sure sounded like it. Glad to hear that you have water & definitely hot water back.
Mom
You do have a knack for making a catastrophe a joke.