Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend Update...

Friday started out with my daughter, Kelsie Lyn Gardner Collins Hand having six, YES six, baby teeth pulled out by an Oral Surgeon. Lucky for Kelsie, President Obama included $750,000,000 in his budget for the Tooth Fairy. Apparently, the Tooth Fairy overextended herself and was on the verge of bankruptsy. I'm not sure how it happened but I'm sure it was George Bush's fault. There were a few stipulations to this bailout. The Tooth Fairy will no longer be able to give money to children of parents who earn more than $250,000 per year. There will be an Earned Income Tooth Credit for children whose teeth don't fall out. And finally rich kids have to give 50% of their teeth to poor kids because on average rich children have more teeth then poor kids and that gives rich kids an unfair advantage over poor kids. Based on Obama's plan Kelsie will receive $5 per tooth but only if she commits to 5 years in the Peace Corp, promises to recycle, "volunteers" to help the needy, and donates $24 to the DNC.

As of Sunday, Kelsie is doing extremely well - all things considered. With only 2 teeth remaining in her mouth...all she needs to do is go to school without shoes on and she'll fits in perfectly with all her other Southern Redneck friends.

Here are the teeth Kelsie had pulled...one tooth below is not actually one of Kelsie's teeth...can you guess which one?



On Saturday Kelsie, Cameron, and I went to McDonald's for our weekly Daddy/Daughter/Son time. We had a great time but we were there for 4 hours because Kelsie had no teeth to chew her Hot Cakes and Cinnamon Melt so we had to wait for the food to dissolve in her mouth.

After McDonald's Cameron had an indoor baseball practice. I am very impressed with Cameron's coaches and his teammates. They are all very nice and the coaches do an excellent job running their baseball practices. They are excellent teachers of the game and they run a very efficient, effective practice. Cameron will be playing 2nd base and he'll do some pitching this year. He is having his best spring training ever - I am expecting great things again from him this year!

I spent Saturday night as Kelsie's chauffeur. I took her and her friends to the AMC Movie Theater at The Avenue to see the Pink Panther. After the movie I took them to "Seussical" a musical about Dr. Seuss stuff. They loved it. What did I do while they were at the movie and musical? I sat in my car reading an Accounting Book...brushing up on accruals, deferrals, owner's equity, assets, liabilities, income statements, cash flow statements, treasury stock, par value, contributed capital - I can't wait to get to the end of the book to see how it ends. I'm guessing it ends with a banking crises and a deep recession which is solved by doing more of the same that got us into this mess...

Sunday has been a strange day. Global Warming is hitting Georgia hard! It looks like we're going to get a couple of inches of snow. I'm so thankful Al Gore brought the danger of Global Warming to our attention. If we act soon we might be able to turn this warming trend around before it's too late. Maybe if we all stop driving cars and passing gas, like Al Gore suggested, this global warming trend will end...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsie,
Nice teeth.
Mr. Ron

Anonymous said...

Kelsie,
The big tooth must have hurt when you had it pulled out. You're really tough!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

Kelsie's teeth didn't get pulled - she got me mad and that's what happens when you mess with the bull - you get the horns! Cam

Anonymous said...

oh, my. I was a bit worried when I couldn't bring up your blog on computer, Ken.
As I've told you, I think you're in the wrong profession. Or at least you need to take on an extra job. I'm sure you'd be in demand if only the right people read your blog!!!!
A faithful reader.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving me something to laugh about. Kelsie, I'm sure you look beautiful, what thirteen yr. old needs a bunch of baby teeth hanging around. Cam, good luck with your new baseball team.
Oops! Kelsie, I meant fourteen years old.
Love, Mom & Grandma