Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Annual Movie Night on Cottonwood Trail



On Saturday night our cul-de-sac had it's First Annual Movie Night. Just about all our neighbors attended. It was a great time to meet and to get to know our neighbors. We watched Jumanji...a good choice...it was interesting to both young and the not-as-young...

I don't think any of our neighbors are actually from Georgia...I'm going to list some of the places the people in our neighborhood are from...New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Missouri, Texas, Iowa, California, Oregon, California, Florida, Arkansas, Wisconsin...just to name the ones I know of...they are all VERY nice and their kids are very nice too. Although i have to say Cameron is getting "tired of the girls tearing off [his] clothes..." This is not a joke...Cameron was very upset at the end of the night and he told Sheri, "Mom, you have to tell them to stop chasing me - I'm serious Mom...look what they did to my shirt...you need to tell their mothers...Aunt Tricia wouldn't let them do this to Tommy..." OK...he didn't really say the part about Aunt Tricia but the rest of it's true...and I did tell him I would talk to their mothers...

A couple of the men on the block are big motorcycle riders and as a few of you know I am planning on buying of motorcycle...however, recent events have made this purchase less critical...but I'm still thinking about it...and it's nice to know I might have a couple of guys to ride with...

As anyone who knows me knows...I'm not good at small talk - so I have to make things up to make myself sounds interesting....in case anyone asks you...I have climbed Mount Everest...I went to school with Tiger Woods...and I invented silicone...

Not everyone was invited to Movie Night - Jewel was a little upset she wasn't invited...here she is pouting...



I had to get my yard work done before I could go to "Movie Night"...some people question whether I ever actually do yard work or if I just talk about it...hmmm...hmmmm...



Luckily the yard work I committed to today was 'planning what I am going to do with the yard..." Also, I don't want to do the heavy work yet...that's waiting for Kenny Croke to come in town...


But for anyone who questions whether I ever do "yard work"...here's proof....

The First Annual Cottonwood Trail Movie Night festivities began at 7:00 p.m.

Here are some of the neighbors mingling...you can't see me but at this time I was telling a neighbor about my brush with a Great White Shark while I was scuba diving off the Great Barrier Reef...



When the sun went down everyone got into position...



The "Big Screen" a bed sheet on the back of the house... You don't see me because I had to step out of the movie theater for a while to take care of some very important business...



As you can see it was a full house...standing room only...



Kelsie and Heather sitting in the balcony with friends...



Kelsie, Heather, and friends...enjoying Jumanji...



It's a wrap...the night was a raving success...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR JEWEL!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun.

Unknown said...

Ken, the landscaping is looking good. Hard work in that GA heat.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Jewl looked very mad in that picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you & Sheri live in a cross-section of the USA, while we live in a cross-section of the world. Learning about all cultures is very informing. Everyone missed you, Sheri & the children at the Hand Open. Dad could have benefited if Sheri & you were on his team.
Love, Mom

Sheri said...

Cute new picture, but where did the cute other picture go???