Thursday, October 15, 2009

WE ARE IN TROUBLE...

I am on stay-cation this week. It’s a stay-cation because Sheri is at a training class in San Antonio and so I’m hanging around the house taking care of the kids, running errands, and working on numerous projects (like vacuuming up the crumbs from under the couch cushions). It’s rained almost everyday this week and so I’ve spent a lot of time inside with the TV on.

Most of you who know me know I am a political junky and so as I’m working on my projects (like scrubbing the dried up, crusty toothpaste [with the little piece of hair sticking out of it] out of the toothpaste cap) I have the political and business news shows on my TV’s. I’ve been listening to shows like Bloomberg, CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, Fox Business - sounds interesting, doesn't it?

Yes, I know most of you are thinking, “Kenny, get a life…” but I find politics and discussions about the economy very interesting. I’ve listened to dozens of conversations/interviews between politicians and anchors/talk show hosts on topics such as health care, the economy, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.

Now, granted, watching these news shows can give you a distorted view of the world because all they report is the bad news. Sometimes it’s like watching three episodes of Jerry Springer late at night – you start to think everyone’s brother is sleeping with his step-mother – which we know isn’t true...I think. But even though I know I am seeing a distorted view of this country when I watch these news shows, I have to be honest with you, our country is in trouble! Not a little bit of trouble...big trouble...trouble which will not be easy to undo...

I like to joke about a lot of things but I am not joking about this. I am not the type of person who cries wolf (except when I'm sick) or a Chicken Little who claims the sky is falling (except when I think I'm getting sick) - but make not mistake about it - the decisions our federal government is making, in the name of helping us, are bankrupting our country. Our country is in serious trouble! If we continue following the path of change we are currently on - our children will grow up in a changed country...a country which will be vastly different from the country you and I have grown up in. We are on a direct path to becoming a financial basket case - and the Executive Branch of the Federal Government knows it and they don't care! Yes, you heard (read) me correctly - they know their actions will bankrupt our country but they DON'T CARE!

I will explain...in painful detail...exactly what I'm referring to...in my next post...unless I win my tennis match tomorrow against Stevie Wonder and Ironside...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

im with u--scary stuff happening here.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Obama doesn't care if he ruins this country. He has an agenda and he's going to implement it no matter what it does to the country.

Anonymous said...

Dad, Your not a chicken little when your sick. You a winer.
Your favorite child

Anonymous said...

Uncle Kenny,
You can be really gross! But it is funny.
Your Greatest Niece!

Anonymous said...

Ken, I heard on a special newscast today that you won your tennis match big time. Congratulations!!

Also, enjoyed your latest blog.

Ken said...

Yes, it is true. I won my match today 6-3, 6-1. The two players on the other team had all their limbs, they had 20/20 vision, one was in his 30's and the other was in his 40's - and they didn't need scooters to get around. Their only problem were they were terrible tennis players :)