Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend in review...

This was another busy weekend...

It started out on Friday with Cameron's baseball game...they won 10-2...



After the game on Friday we had some good friends from St. Louis come in for a long weekend visit...here is Kelsie with her close friend Heather Kotlarzek...this isn't how you spell her last name...there's a bunch of c's and z's in her name that don't make sense so I just spelled it phonetically...


On Saturday Heather and Kelsie went horseback riding...but before they went riding they had to clean out the horse's stalls...why is it that Kelsie will take a pitchfork and clean out piles and piles of horse manure but she won't clean our toilets at home because 'THAT'S DISGUSTING'????
Here are Kelsie and Cameron riding together...they like to complain about each other but when they're busy having fun they sometimes forget they're not supposed to like each other and they have a great time together...here is one of those touching brother/sister moments...as you can see they are very close...
On Sunday the girls went out to get pampered...while I stayed at home and "pulled weeds"... (from left to right...Ruth...Heather...Kelsie...)


I spent most of Saturday and Sunday doing yard work...I had a truck load of mulch delivered...below are the results of all my hard work...my hands are blistered and bleeding, my back hurts, and I'm sunburned - but do I complain? - NO!! All I asked for are a few 'poor babies' and I'm fine... (I'm a throw back to a time when men were men) As you can see, my hard work was well worth it...


Note to Ron Klaus and Kenny Croke: It's safe to come down...I've done all the hard work...


....................



7 comments:

cam said...

i look prerty good in that picture

Sheri said...

Me too! The yard looks so much better dear, thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ken, your yard looks great. Sorry about your hurting back/bleeding, blistered hands. But I'm sure you're saying it was worth it, huh?
Looks like everyone else had a good/fun time.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Kenny,the yard looks great! I will tell Ron it is safe to come down now. He went to Oklahoma with Hannah for the eighth grade trip. He is suppose to be a chaperone, but we know he is probably more like the eighth graders just wanting to have a good time. Well now that you have your yard looking so beautiful, I know Ron would love for you to come help him get his in shape!
Vicky

Anonymous said...

All that suffering was worth it, the yard looks great. By the time we get there it will be covered with leaves.
Mom

Anonymous said...

the yard looks really good

Anonymous said...

You are true MAN now.I knew you had it in you.I just need to stay away because i had to bring out the man in you. it really looks good. I wish I can find the time to finish mine.