Sunday, March 8, 2009

Update to the flooding in my basement...The Weekend in Review Part II

I mentioned in an earlier post that I heard water gushing in my basement when I was walking upstairs to go to bed. Here is a picture I took when I reached the bottom of my basement steps. A lot has happened since this time...the Water Restoration Company (aka Water Sucker Uppers) was here...the Insurance Adjuster (aka Money Sucker Outers)...and the Carpet Cleaner Uppers have been at my house more than I have been over the past 2 weeks...



But they're finally gone. This weekend Cameron and I spent a lot of time putting all the furniture back in place...and it's just in time...we're getting ready for a visit from the Jensen/Murrey Clan.

Here's the Rec Room in the basement...looks pretty good if I do say so myself...



Since I had to take all my books off the shelves for the Water Sucker Uppers I decided to put the books back in a neater, more organized way...if you can zoom in you'll notice a section for the classics; Tom Sawyer, The Grapes of Wrath, etc. There's a section for my favorite Political Books; The Tempting of America, The Tragedy of American Compassion, The Road to Serfdom, Free to Choose, etc. I also have a section for my text books, DVD's, and records. You know how it feels good when you organize things...I "pity the fool" who moves these books - even a inch - they will die a slow painful death :)

I even cleaned up my Cave...aka the Storage Room...aka the Workout Room...aka the Cat Room. I used some of the extra carpeting from one of the rooms upstairs...it looks pretty good...

I put the furniture back in the guest room...hmmm...looks good...a little moldy...but good :)
I even cleaned up the room where the flood started...this is the room with the furnace, water heater, and various other pipes, wires, nobs, valves...doodads...thing-a-ma-jiggers...you know...the stuff that a guy who grew up in an apartment has no idea what they do. Well, I might not know what these things do...BUT...the room is SO clean it will be easy for one of those smart, handy guys (you know the guys who look at me like I'm an idiot when I can't answer questions like, "Where's your main water shut off?") to find the broken twisty, valvy, what-cha-ma-call-it, doodads, thingys...so they can fix it...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE don't get my mother started on the mold!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HA!
Well, I think I might get my own professionals to come and check it out! By the way, where's the bedspread? Hope it's not somewhere molding!!!!

Good work, Ken. It does look good.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Kenny,
The books look good but have you ever read any of them?
Ron

Anonymous said...

Uncle Kenny,
Is that R2-D2 in the last picture? Your blogs make me laugh! Are you ever going to finish your book? I haven't seen you post anything to the other site in a long time.
Joseph

Anonymous said...

WELL I HOPE THAT BED HAS SOME CLOTHES ON WHEN I GET THERE! I DON'T LIKE SLEEPING ON NAKED BEDS.

Anonymous said...

I kept forgetting to tell you mom that the quilt is safe and sound...no water thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joseph, your blog keeps me laughing as I read it to your father, because getting up is hard to do for him. He is so spoiled & I have only myself to blame. You and Cam certainly did a great job. I can now see why you seemed so out of breath on Sun..
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Ken does keep us entertained.

sydney said...

kenny the video with the words was so funny