Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last Trip From Missouri to Georgia

Last week I packed up the Honda for my next to last trip from Missouri to Georgia. Since the plan was to close on the house on June 20th and I would live there on my own until June 30th I decided to drive down to Georgia with my car, Sheri's "Top Secret Documents", clothes for a couple of weeks (you know...2 pairs of underwear instead of 1), yard tools, and golf clubs.



We knew it would be hard on the kids being away from ME for so long...this is what their faces have looked like for the past two weeks...they are pitiful little kids...but they love their daddy...plus I told them if they didn't make this face..."No McDonalds" :)



I'm very sad leaving the Midwest...they don't have places like "Metropolis" (Home of the Giant Superman) in Georgia...



They also don't have "Superman Day" in Georgia where dozens and dozens of grown men walk around in Superman costumes...I am not making this stuff up!!!!



When I made it to Georgia I stayed for a few days in my "Home Away From Home"...the Staybridge Suites in Sandy Springs Georgia. The people actually know me by name now..."Hello Mr. Hand will you be staying until Friday this week....would you like a wake up call...we notice you are always driving like a lunatic at 7:58am to get to work on time...wouldn't it be easier if we gave you a wake up call?" They have very comfortable beds...and pillows...

Look at those creases in my pants...I'd make someone a great wife...


By Monday we closed on the house...yes it was supposed to be on Friday...when you have about 10 hours I'll tell you that whole story...since we've bought the new house we've had a lot of work being done...here the gutters have been torn off the house so the roofers and the painters can do their thing...


Here we have a new design idea inspired by Kelsie...to save time in the morning before school we've decided to put the toilet in the kitchen...she can knock out two birds (or turds) with one stone. She can eat her Tootie Fruitees while shes making Fuitee Tooties in the morning...

More pictures of toilets...yea, I know what you're thinking...but there wasn't much else for me to take a picture of...



Here's my room since I've moved in...what us daddy's do for our kids!!!!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need more pictures...more, more, more....

Anonymous said...

i am so cute in the pic of me crying i miss my daddy all ready.

Anonymous said...

oh ya he also did not say he wouldn't take us to mc donalds

Anonymous said...

See those lessons I gave you in "How to Iron" paid off. Glad to hear you're almost at the finish line,it's been a tough couple of months for the whole family.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, doesn't that last picture remind you of our bed in the Bronx before we moved to STL??? Oh to have had an air matress back then! LOL! Life has come full circle.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun closing on the house, maybe an essay on that sometime?

In the meantime, more pics...more pics. It looks like a mini-version of an extreme makeover without the happy go lucky TV hosts.

Anonymous said...

I have ten hours to kill. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and updates--keep'em coming.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm....who is my "Your Favorite Niece"???? My guess is that Alison is calling herself my favorite niece...and I have to admit she is my favorite niece along with Lauren, Kelly, Gabrielle, Emily, Jessica, Shayna, Nicole, and Alisa... :)

The Good Looking Uncle Kenny